Indian Designs Exports Pvt Ltd - Hindupur
LEED V4.1 Project Dashboard
The development achieves significant amount of potable water savings compared to NBC standards by installing water efficient plumbing fixtures
Large quantities of water is saved in irrigation by using the treated wastewater and stored rainwater to meet 100% of the irrigation demand.
100% wastewater is treated to tertiary standards and will be used for landscaping & flushing purposes.
The site is a zero-discharge site with 100% of rainwater is stored and reused with the excess being recharged.
Highly efficient drip and sprinkler irrigation systems are installed to further minimise non-potable water use.
Domestic Water quality is regularly tested to ensure all BIS norms are met.
All major sources of water consumption will be sub metered and monitored on a regular basis to identify any wastage.
All restrooms are being upgraded phase wise to ensure water usage reduction
- Energy meters have been installed in all major energy consuming areas including process loads and building loads.
- The entire factory, admin areas, conference room and other ancillary facilities are completely naturally ventilated and non air-conditioned and no air conditioning equipment is installed anywhere on the factory premises.
- An ASHRAE level 3 energy audit was conducted to identify all areas of energy usage and every energy efficiency measure recommended is actioned phase wise.
- All lighting has been upgraded to high LPD LEDs with daylight sensors incorporated for all daylit areas.
- All procurements are done through a local grocery store which in turn procures the raw material from the local Farmers markets.
- The project already has sustainable purchasing practices in place. These have now been formalised through the purchasing policy which has been created using the LEED V4.1 framework.
- A dedicated team and a waste storage space are provided to store the collected waste before handing it over to the third-party recycler. The collected waste which are generated such as Paper, Plastic, Cartons, Chindi will be sent to recycling on a weekly basis.
- All printing paper used at the factory is recycled paper only, additionally all IT equipment is energy star certified.
- The project is designed to ensure over 100% of the regularly occupied spaces have Fresh air ventilation.
- All common areas in the building will be declared as no smoking zones.
- Periodic indoor air quality tests are done to keep a check on indoor environmental conditions and remedial measures are taken as per the pollutant identified.
- Annual human experience surveys are conducted among 25% of the staff to study the comfort conditions and record details of any workplace issues faced by the staff.
- The factory has fully changed over to organic pest management and organic landscaping practices to minimise the use of harmful chemicals in the factory.
- All food served at the factory procured within 150 Kms radius to ensure freshness and minimise its transportation impact.
- The factory follows a robust green cleaning policy and has fully upgraded to using only natural and organic green cleaners.