"IGBC Green Existing Buildings Operation & Maintenance" Launched
Post date: Jun 22, 2013 5:40:22 PM
- There has never been a better time to build & operate certified green developments. People are now fully aware of the resource crunch the country is faced with and are increasingly demanding self sustaining efficient developments that cost less to operate. India has an excellent mix of green building rating systems that serve almost every category of the built environment. IGBC has now launched the much awaited "IGBC Green Existing Buildings Operation & Maintenance" rating system. Some of the unique features of IGBC Green Existing Buildings O&M Rating System are as follows:- Focus is on implementation and results achieved
- Documentation requirements have been drastically reduced. Instead, it is more of evidence like photos and calculations
- The rating can be applied to both air-conditioned and non-air conditioned buildings
- The rating is designed to suit all building types in all climatic zones. Exclusions are residential and Factory buildings.
- Water being of prime national concern, is given higher weightage.
- For energy related aspects, Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) or the Energy Performance Index (EPI) as recommended by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), is the reference standard.
- Buildings are all about people. A separate module called ‘health and comfort’ is included, to address health and wellbeing of occupants in the buildings.
Unlike other rating systems where the focus is on integrated planning and construction of new buildings, the IGBC Green EBOM rating system focusses on the sustainable operations of existing buildings along with health and comfort of its occupants. We can help building owners realise the true potential of their building by facilitating IGBC Green Existing Building Operation & Maintenance rating through the following methodology:
- Conduct a preliminary review
- Project registration
- Project audit to determine credits that can be gained without any changes
- Project strategy targeting measures with maximum ROI
- Oversee implementation of the project strategy
- Measure, verify, document and submit the building performance data to the IGBC
- Facilitate evaluators review and accept certification.
Please call me on 0422 - 4368896 if you wish to discuss your project, the costs involved, the process and anything else you wish to learn about green buildings. I look forward to hearing from you. We also provide green building facilitation services for the following rating systems:
- IGBC Green Homes
- IGBC Green Existing Buildings O&M
- TERI GRIHA
- TERI Small Versatile Affordable GRIHA
- LEED New Construction and LEED Core & Shell
- IGBC Green Factory
Our other services that tie in with our Green Building Facilitation services are
- Green Building Architecture & Design
- Decentralised Waste Water Treatment & Rainwater Harvesting
- BuildScape - Green Roof & Living Walls
- BuildScape - Cool Roof
We believe that we have an excellent mix of services and products that ensure a smart, high performance and sustainable built environment.